- Your GP practice is still here for you and continues to provide services.
- Your NHS services have a range of measures in place to keep you safe from COVID-19 including regular cleaning of patient areas and social distancing. Please ensure you wear a face covering to your appointment.
- Face-to-face appointments are available to all patients where there is a clinical need. You will be asked to first discuss your conditions over the phone or online with a member of the healthcare team to assess what would be most appropriate for you and which practice member would best provide it.
- We are also offering online consultations and video consultations, as well as telephone consultations. These can be convenient and flexible ways to receive healthcare. Where patients need to be seen by a health professional face-to-face, this will be arranged. If you have a preference about how to access care you can discuss it with reception.
- Please continue to contact your practice by phone or online to begin with. You will be assessed and offered a phone or video appointment, or a face to face appointment if you need one. We do have a limited number of face to face appointments to book direct if preferred
- The majority of common conditions can be assessed and diagnosed by your doctor by telephone or video consultation. They are experienced and skilled in doing this. Using technology like this will help to protect you, your family and loved ones – and GP practice staff from the potential risk of the virus.
- The use of these digital technologies has been shown to improve patient experiences thanks to the convenience and increased access that they provide.
- If you are asked to attend for an appointment, please remember to put on your face covering before entering your GP practice. Staff will be wearing masks or visors, or they may be sitting behind a screen.
- When your practice is closed you can call 111 or go to https://111.nhs.uk/ for help and advice.
Prescription Ordering Direct
All repeat prescription requests are processed by West Lancashire POD (Prescription ordering Department). You can contact the POD on 01695 588522 . You can also order your prescription online via patient access or MyGP. Your usual method of collecting the prescription remains the same.
Please note if you have any problems please contact the POD direct on 01695 588522.
Information regarding prescribing during COVID -19
We are experiencing a high volume of requests to increase the supply of medication from 28 days to 56 days.
Please note we are following the current local prescribing guidelines during this pandemic which stipulates prescribing should be restricted to 28 days supply.
Thank you for your cooperation